Here's an introduction: I woke up at 1 PM in the afternoon (messed up schedule, I know) felt really really bored and just somehow got the inspiration to write this guide, I still have no idea why or what was the train of thought that leads to this o_o
Without further ado, here's how the new MM system works. The new MM system is now very different from the previous MM system prior to patch 1.0.1. Some things to note:
- 3 new effects appear in the new MM system “Overhit!” “Counter!” and “Back Attack!”
- Rank is now F to SSS.
- You can now use Gada Coins to receive an extra item. (Note: Despite the description saying “special item”, it’s really no different from what you normally get.)
- Building up ranks is very easy. Losing your built-up rank is ALSO very easy.
- You can now build up your rank when fighting the boss battle, so don’t fret when you saw you’re still on rank C when you’re approaching the boss.
- The performance bar decreases constantly every 10 seconds.
- Getting "Block", using mirror image/barrier/perfect seal, and enemy's attack misses will not reduce performance bar.
- Combo DOES NOT
play a role in the new MM system.
- The rank affects ALL members of the party. Unlike the previous version where you’ll see individuals getting different ranks.
- There's now a penalty system where quitting any MM without defeating the boss 5 times in a row will result in you getting banned from entering ALL MM for 1 hour.
Well let’s begin. To build up your rank, you will have to increase the “Sense” and “Ability” bars in your lower right corner of the screen. The third bar will tell you your current performance, F means the worst and SSS is the best. Question 1: How do you fill up the “Sense” and “Ability” bars?“Sense”
- There is only 1 way, hit any kinds of targets. This means hit any mobs you see, as well as map objects that you can destroy.
- Note: The “Sense” bar fills up with a time frame. So if you attack fast, you’ll see that only a few of your hits get registered. Meanwhile if you attack once -> Wait for bar to increase -> attack once -> Wait for bar to increase -> Rinse and repeat, you’ll see the bar will fill up in a nicer amount. But of course this method is very inconvenient and very slow.“Ability”
- The only way to fill this bar is to get “Overhit!” “Counter” and “Back Attack!”
- Note: The “Ability” bar fills up every time you get the above, even if you get all 3 at the same time, they WILL all be registered. So do it fast fast fast! (this kind of offset the need to fill up the sense bar)Question 2: How do you get “Overhit!” “Counter!” and “Back Attack!”?“Overhit!”
- The synonym of the term is overkill. (This makes thing self-explanatory, doesn’t it?
- Gotten by finishing the enemy with your normal attack
and the finishing blow exceeds 10~20% of the enemy's hp.
- From all the testings I've done, it seems air-based skills (AAS, Stormblade, Aerial Frenzy) are able to get "Overhit!" as well as "Counter!"“Counter!”
- By finishing the enemy with a skill
, 'nuff said.“Back Attack!”
- You’ll get this when you attack an enemy from behind. (D’oh?)
- There IS a catch however; this will ONLY work when 2 people are present. The enemy must have its attention on 1 person, and the other 1 attacks the enemy from behind. Tested with Aco’s flasher skill, this freezes the enemy on the spot. I did not get “Back Attack!” when I hit the enemy from behind, because ultimately the enemy still has its attention on you.
- This particular effect is the saving grace of your rank especially in boss battle. You can just have 1 of your member to divert the attention of the boss and the other 3 hacks away behind the boss. Back to SSS in no time flat.At the end of the MM, you’ll see:
(I’ll only note some things)
- Total score of your MM run out of possible 120.
- Each member’s contribution, adding up to 99%~100%. It’s calculated based on your accumulation of the “Sense” and “Ability” bar during the MM. Not really significant
- Your scale of “Sense” and “Ability”, adding up to 100%. Also insignificant.
- The number of times you get hit. It’ll just show you the full amount this time.
- And finally, your rank.Total score you need to receive certain rank:
(Credit to KriSakti for giving me an almost correct rank scores)
SSS - 115 ~ 120
SS - 110 ~ 114
S - 90 ~ 109
A - 70 ~ 89
B - 60 ~ 69
C - 50 ~ 59
D - 40 ~ 49
E - 30 ~ 39
F - 0 ~ 29Number of items you will get according to your rank:
SSS - 3 items
SS - 3 items
S - 2 items
A - 2 items
B - 1 item
C - 1 item
D - 1 item (from this rank up you can use gada coin)
E - 0 item (still can't use gada coin)
F - 0 item (credit to HellsAngel + confirmed, you can't use gada coin too)
As most people think, I think it’s bugged. The numbers above should be increased by 1.
Also, as mentioned, you’ll be able to use Gada Coin to redeem 1 extra item. It’s not special in any way I can think of despite what is said on the description.Important Note:
Originally Posted by cryowraith
My ranks in the MM gets reset randomly. It would drop straight from any rank to F at some random time with random actions. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or what, just want to see whether others have came across this. Btw I'm doing Elluman F1 (Ocher Forest). I never had any problems in other MMs before 1.0.4 patch.
Originally Posted by KriSakti
And also sometime the ranking is just drop to F from SSS from my experience it only happen if I run MM which is far above my level or below. (I can see the name of the monster in light red colour)
I have confirmed the above 2 posts. The bug mentioned CAN
! I have encountered this twice when doing sambaba F1 and F4.
Not much I can say except please don't get too infuriated when this happens =S
I forgot to mention, the bug never occurs when I'm in a full party of 4 people for some reason, only when I'm soloing MMs. Weird?
Originally Posted by LODDY
thrs a big problem with bm/wm .
our skills which doesnt require accuracy such as ball lightning / blizzard etc etc.. doesnt trigger back attack . i tested and noticed it wen partying with my gf .
Originally Posted by cryowraith
Indeed. Skills that does not require ACC to hit cannot do back attacks. These includes BM Blizzard, Ball Lightning, WM Backdraft, Snow Blues, Thunder Break, Meteor(?), Myrm Raising Storm, Ninja Wood Rush, Harle Cossack Dance and perhaps a few more which I forgot.
Yup, the above holds true. Skills that gain huge boost in accuracy (not that they don't need acc) do not get "Backattack!".
However they still get "Counter!". Case closed? =P
Suffice to say, this guide is now pretty much COMPLETE
! There might be hidden additional extra tidbits that might appear sometime in the future, but for now, ENJOY